Landmine casualties down

Mom Kunthear / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
Casualties dropped by 38 percent on last year. Supplied

Casualties from landmines decreased in the first nine months of the year compared with the same period last year.

Serei Kosal, vice-president of the Cambodian Mine Action and Victim Assistance Authority, said on Monday during a workshop in Siem Reap province that there were 43 casualties this year, including nine deaths and 34 injuries.

“The casualties decreased by 26 people, or 38 percent, if compared with the same period in 2016 when there were 63 casualties,” he said.

Talking to around 80 participants, Mr Kosal said education had played a major role in the reduction.

Mr Kosal added that the government had cleared landmines from thousands of hectares of land.

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Unexploded ordinances destroyed in Preah Vihear

Next Article

Flood warning issued for Poipet