A shoe factory in Por Sen Chey district’s Plerng Ches Rotes commune on Sunday evening was nearly completely destroyed from a blazing inferno that burned 50 percent of the property.
Prum Yort, chief of the municipal fire department, said the blaze was sparked by an electrical fault at about 3pm and it took 16 fire trucks about two hours to extinguish it.
“The factory will repair the damage from the fire and it will not affect the workers’ jobs,” Mr Yort said, noting that about 100 workers are employed at the He Li Co factory.
Mr Yort said no one was injured in the blaze, while the estimated cost of the damage has not been calculated.
He added that a timeline for the factory’s repairs is yet to be determined.