‘Bigger attack planned’ in Spain

Reuters / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
Mohamed Houli Chemlal, suspected of involvement in the terror cell that carried out twin attacks in Spain. AFP

MADRID (Reuters) – An alleged member of an Islamist group that carried out the Barcelona van attack told a Spanish court yesterday the group had been planning a much bigger attack using explosives, a judicial source
said. The testimony to Spain’s High Court came from Mohamed Houli Chemlal, who was arrested after being hurt in a blast at a house in Alcanar, southwest of Barcelona, a day before Thursday’s van attack on the crowded Las Ramblas boulevard in Barcelona which killed 13 people. Four men accused of being members of an Islamist cell appeared in court yesterday, a day after the alleged driver was shot dead by police. The four are the only ones still alive among the 12 men thought to constitute the group. The hearing was likely to end in the suspects being remanded in custody.

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Torso found amid hunt for reporter

Next Article

NK shipments to Syria intercepted