Gas tank blast injures four in Kandal

Mom Kunthear / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
LPG blah Siemreap
Archive. National Police

Four people, including a three-year-old child, yesterday were injured during a gas explosion caused by carelessness in Kandal province’s Kien Svay district.

The Interior Ministry’s Fire and Rescue Police Department reported that the explosion occurred at about 1.30am in a shed storing gas tanks and sparked a fire.

It said the four victims were inside the shed and two of them suffered serious burns.

The report identified the victims as Sin Sokha, 45, Yann Neang, 35, Sun Visal, three and Moeun Sophean, 18.

A district police officer, who declined to be named, yesterday said that the victims were boiling water and the fire they were using caused a nearby gas tank to explode sparking a blaze.

“The blaze damaged the shed made of zinc which was storing gas cans and gas tanks,” he said. “Fortunately the authorities managed to put it out on time before it could spread to nearby houses.”

On Monday, a factory in Phnom Penh’s Dangkor district, and which employed 600 workers, was completely destroyed in a blaze caused by a gas explosion.

Major General Neth Vantha, director of the Interior Ministry’s Fire Department, on Monday said that there have been 500 fires in the Kingdom so far this year. The fires damaged 300 homes and 300 market stalls, causing the deaths of 10 people.

 

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Factory workers strike after company sacks unionists

Next Article

Tencent connects consumers with hi-tech innovations