ana-air canadia-bank Silk-air nissan acleda cab-bank

Husband arrested for allegedly cutting wife

Buth Reaksmey Kongkea / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
The accused slashed his wife’s face in a jealous rage. Post News

Russey Keo district police on Wednesday arrested a man for allegedly beating his wife and cutting her face with a razor in a jealous rage.

Second Lieutenant Hong Ly, deputy chief of the penal police unit in Tuol Sangke II commune, identified the suspect as Horn Samphors, a 24-year-old bus driver working with a transport company and living in Tuol Sangke II commune in Phnom Penh’s Russey Keo district.

The victim was identified as Ath Lina, Mr Samphors’ 23-year-old wife who works at French Bar Shop in Daun Penh’s Srah Chak commune.

According to police investigation, Mr Samphors and Ms Lina married in 2017. However, the two hardly spend time together due to their busy schedules, which saw Mr Samphors often travelling to the provinces while his wife worked at nights in the city.

Sec Lt Ly said that at about 6pm on Monday, the suspect got into an argument with the victim at their house after Mr Samphors saw a photo of Ms Lina posing with another man, whom she was dating, publicly posted on the man’s Facebook account.

Sec Lt Ly said during the argument, the suspect beat the victim and took a razor and cut her face, causing serious injuries, before fleeing the house.

“He was jealous and angry with his wife over the affair and felt betrayed,” Sec Lt Ly said. “He took a razor and cut her face with the purpose of wounding her attractive face and caused serious injuries.”

“After beating her and slashing her face, he fled the house that Monday evening,” he added.

Sec Lt Ly noted that after the suspect fled, the victim ran out of the house to seek help from neighbours, who rescued her and sent her to Preah Ketomealea Hospital in Daun Penh district for treatment. The neighbours also alerted commune police of the incident.

Sec Lt Ly said the suspect was arrested at about 12.30pm on Wednesday in his home in Tuol Sangke II commune, where he returned to after fleeing for three days.

Colonel Kol Yi, chief of Russey Keo district police, confirmed yesterday that the suspect is currently detained at the district police station for questioning and further investigation.

He said the suspect is accused of intentional acts of violence and could face between one and two years in prison if convicted.

The suspect will be sent to Phnom Penh Municipal Court for questioning today.

Related Posts

Previous Article

Interior Ministry probes senior police officer over corruption

Next Article

Men found not guilty of killing friend