PHNOM PENH, Apr. 22 (Khmer Times) – A fire broke out at Lucky Star & Phkar Chhouk Tep Hotel at around 2 pm on Wednesday in Deum Kor commune, Toul Kork district.
The general manager of the restaurant, Ly Kaing, said that the fire came from the 7th floor rooftop that serves as a temporary place for everyone that works at the restaurant. Hotel staff say it was caused by haphazardly placed electrical wires in the area.
“The fire didn’t harm anyone, because they are all on their breaking time. It damaged only some workers properties,” Mr. Kaing added.
A person at the scene said, “The restaurant was burning at around 2 pm and the firefighters came and totally took care of it after one hour time.”
The chief of the Phnom Penh Fire Department, Lieutenant Colonel Prum Yorn, said the firefighters were able to control the situation and stop the fire from spreading to other buildings.
Lt. Col. Yorn added that it was difficult to stop the fire because the building is so high, but they were able to stop it before anyone was injured.
“We don’t know how much property was damaged and the cause of fires, and we use eight fire trucks,” Lt. Col. Yorn said.