Vendor questioned over food poisoning case

Sen David / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
Parents brought their children to health center after got food poisoning. Supplied

Police in Tboung Khmum province questioned a food vendor over a poisoning incident last week that affected nearly 40 students.

On Friday, the students were hospitalised after eating breakfast at the school’s canteen.

Most of the affected students experienced headaches, vomiting and fatigue.

. .

Phin Chhun, chief of Tonle Bit commune, said police on Monday detained a food vendor for questioning.

Mr Chhun said police educated the vendor on how to safely prepare food.

“We are lucky no one died,” he said. “The vendor was educated by police on how to clean food and cook properly.”

In a separate case earlier this month, nearly 50 students at Pongro Secondary School in Kampong Thom province’s Stoung district were poisoned after eating food served at the school’s canteen.

Chhun Chhat, chief of Kampong Chen Choeung commune, said the students became sick after consuming rice and water sold at the school.

. .

“When local authorities asked them what they ate, most of them said they consumed rice, water and some snacks,” Mr Chhat said.

In a bid to increase food hygiene, the Health Ministry has issued guidelines on how to prepare food and reduce cases of food poisoning.

It said that cooks must always use clean water and use fresh ingredients. Cooks must also wash their hands prior to preparing a meal.

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

New Generation Schools discussed at parliament meeting

Next Article

Vulture conservation groups trying to keep vultures from leaving Kingdom