One person was injured and four cars and a tuk-tuk were destroyed today after a fire sparked at a gasoline vendor’s shop near Sihanoukville’s Phsar Leu market.
A report from the Sihanoukville administration said the fire began due to a gasoline leak at the vendor’s shop.
It noted that the fire then spread and destroyed four cars and a tuk-tuk.
“No one was killed in the fire and the fire was extinguished within an hour,” it added. “One person was injured and hospitalised.”
Provincial police chief Choun Narin said firefighters were quick to respond.
“Four cars and a tuk-tuk were totally damaged by this fire, but the firefighters came quickly and extinguished it,” he said.
In the first six months of 2018, there were more than 300 fires across the Kingdom, an increase from the number of cases recorded during the same period last year, according to an Interior Ministry report.
Full story in Monday’s paper