Club fire kills one, injures two

Pav Suy / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
An unoperated nightclub was fired over the weekend. Fresh New

A fire ripped through a nightclub under construction in Kandal province’s Ponhea Leu district on Saturday, killing one repairman and seriously injuring two of his colleagues.

District police chief Captain Duong Teng, Ponhea Leu said the fire was caused by sparks from welding that fell onto a sofa as the three workers installed air conditioners.

“The club owner ordered nine air conditioners to install them in the club. The club is not yet open; it is still under construction,” he said. “We still don’t know exactly, but it is likely that the fire was caused by welding sparks that fell onto a sofa.”

. .

“We took part in the extinguishing of the fire, but our district does not have fire trucks, so we requested the trucks from the provincial police,” he added. “One person died and two were seriously injured.”

Cap Teng said the fire completely destroyed the building, leaving only a steel skeleton.

“Everything inside the club was burnt down. Only the skeleton of the building remains,” he said.

Provincial police identified the deceased as Ath Sovann, 24.

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Police officer arrested over death threat

Next Article

Enviromental NGOs call for EU not to sign timber deal with Vietnam