Gas fire injures two, destroys house

Buth Reaksmey Kongkea / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
The fire was caused by a explosion. Supplied

Two people were seriously injured and a house was completely destroyed by fire on Friday night due to a gas explosion in Banteay Meanchey province’s Poipet City.

The fire began at about 9pm at a gas-selling house located in Akak Market, in Poipet City’s Poipet commune.

Nuon Sinaro, deputy commander of the Poipet City Military Police, said there was an explosion at the victim’s house which stocked many gas tanks for sale.

“At first, there was an explosion, then the fire caused the tanks of gas to explode in a chain reaction, seriously injuring the husband and wife and destroying their home,” he said. “The fire was strong and destroyed everything in the house.”

He said it took firefighters about three hours to extinguish the blaze.

He identified the victims as Krouch Keo, 51, and his wife, Nuon Sineth, 42.

Both are recovering from full-body burns at the provincial hospital.

Related Posts

Previous Article

Biggest countdown concerts by NagaWorld

Next Article

Rat demining aid granted