cellcard cellcard cellcard

Education Ministry announces fresh measures for schools, no gathering above 20 people and continue to implement SOPs

Sen David / Khmer Times Share:
Highschool students cleaning their hands with alcoholic sanitiser before entering school. Supplied

The Ministry of Education today issued guidelines for education officials to strengthen measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

This new issuance of guidelines follows Cambodia’s third community outbreak – the “February 20 Community Incident”.

The ministry said education officials must continue to implement the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), suspend any gathering over 20 people and the school management must report anyone involved with the “February 20 Community Incident” to the authorities.

“Continue strengthening the health measures of the Ministry of Health and the government to prevent any further COVID-19 community infection,” it said.

However, Prime Minister Hun Sen announced today that there are no immediate plans to close schools or cancel events and other receptions as a result of the third community COVID-19 outbreak in the capital, if the people obey the health measures of the ministry and the government.

“We are ordering the concerned authorities, the masses and everyone concerned to take adequate and beyond adequate measures to prevent the spread of this contagious virus. If these are followed, there will be no shut down of schools and universities and other functions,” he said.

Last month, the Ministry of Education started the new academic school year 2020-2021 as planned despite the pandemic. All schools across the country opened after their previous closures due to COVID-19.

Related Posts

Previous Article

Call for N8 Club attendees to come forward to curb the ‘February 20 Community Incident’

Next Article

PM urges migrant workers in Thailand not to return for Khmer New Year