Datuk Phan Ying Tong, Regional Head of India-China Operations, Cambodian Public Bank talks about Campu Visa Infinite Cards, Red Carpet Banking Centres and the bank’s take on moving forward from the Covid-19 pandemic. The interview was conducted in conjunction with the Special Edition for the 63rd Merdeka Day celebrations, August 31, 2020
You have recently launched Campu Visa Infinite Cards which offers rather attractive privileges and benefits which thumps other banks. Can you please provide an insight as to how this Visa Infinite Card works, who qualifies and how does it differ from physical or virtual cards?
Campu Bank is the first Malaysian-owned foreign bank to issue Visa Infinite branded cards in Cambodia and is the second commercial bank to do so in Cambodia.
Campu Visa Infinite Card is a new contactless premier card targeted at the affluent market segment and is exclusively by invitation only. The Card can be used for retail purchases via POS terminals and online, cash withdrawals and balance inquiry at all ATMs with Visa logo worldwide.
We have been given to understand that only invited bank clientele will be eligible to possess this infinite card. Can you enlighten us on this strategy?
* To provide customers with top in class and exclusive Visa card type.
* To provide customers with priority banking service as Infinite cardholders are eligible to access our exclusive and newly refurbished Red Carpet Banking (RCB) Centres at five branches in Phnom Penh and one branch in Siem Reap. All the six RCB Centres are equipped with modern lifts and lounge facilities to provide added convenience and comfort to our customers.
* To provide free automatic personal travel inconvenience and accident insurance coverage of up to $200,000 to ensure that customers travel with peace of mind.
* To provide customers with unlimited access to Plaza Premium Lounges worldwide.
Can you also explain the salient benefits of this Card?
The salient benefits of holding the card are as follows:-
* The exclusive Visa Infinite Cards comes with an exclusively selected ‘Sign-up’ porcelain tea set gift.
* Receive unlimited 0.5% CashBack for overseas retail purchases and 0.3% CashBack for local retail purchases.
* Unlimited access to all Plaza Premium Lounges worldwide.
* Access to Red Carpet Banking (RCB) service in Campu Bank, in Malaysia and Indo-China.
* Free automatic personal travel inconvenience and accident insurance coverage of up to $200,000 when the travel arrangement is charged to the Card.
* Comfort of receiving SMS message immediately for every successful and unsuccessful retail purchase transaction made.
* Privilege dedicated 24/7 Infinite Helpline at 023-222910 to promptly attend to enquiries.
* Higher discount and offers from selected participating merchants, restaurants, hotels, supermarkets and petrol stations from time to time.
In view of the Covid -19 pandemic, is your bank’s expansion plans, in terms of physical offices as well as ATM’s changed or are these on schedule?
Notwithstanding the Covid-19 pandemic, Campu Bank is positive on the future outlook and is still embarking on expanding its physical presence by expanding the existing branch premises to cater to the increasing customer demand and business or opening new branches at suitable locations with business potential in addition to expanding its ATM network which currently has a total of 74 ATMs throughout Cambodia and implementing new digital initiatives for e.g. a new Mobile Revamp 2.0 app.
Can you please provide us with insights into the Red Carpet Banking Centres for high net work clients and how does this differ from other priority banking facilities with competing banks?
Campu Bank’s Red Carpet Banking (RCB) Centre is dedicated to managing the wealth of the high networth and affluent customer segment. The Bank had recently refurbished 6 branches with RCB Centres fully equipped with a modern lift and outlook, better amenities and privacy to provide priority banking services and meet the discerning customer expectations and demand.
By holding the Bank’s RCB privilege card, customers not only enjoy the same benefits and privileges at all branches in Campu Bank, but also in Malaysia and Indo-China.