The Ministry of Health said yesterday another COVID-19 patient has been discharged from hospital, bringing the total number of recoveries in Cambodia to 130.
In a statement, the ministry said the 29-year-old man from Kampong Cham province had fully recovered after he tested positive when he returned from Indonesia.
After being quarantined at the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital, the man then underwent two further tests for the virus of which he tested negative and was subsequently discharged.
Or Vandine, a ministry spokeswoman, told reporters via Telegram yesterday the man arrived at the Phnom Penh International Airport from Indonesia on June 12 and tested positive for the virus.
He was sent to the hospital and first tested negative on June 28.
“Our doctors advised him to take care and protect himself against the disease and continue to be vigilant,” Ms Vandine said.
There are eight Cambodians, including a woman and an Indonesian who are still being treated in the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital and two Cambodian men who returned from Malaysia who are in the Chak Angre Krom Health Centre in the capital.
The total number of confirmed cases in the Kingdom stands at 141, which includes 69 Cambodians, 40 French, 13 Malaysians, five Britons, three Chinese, three Vietnamese, two Americans, three Indonesians, two Canadians, and one Belgian. Most of the cases in the Kingdom are imported.
Of the cases, 40 are females and 101 males. With the new recovery, Cambodia has logged 130 recoveries or a 92.20 percent recovery rate with no death.
However, Health Minister Mam Bun Heng has advised people to continue practising measures to prevent the spread of the virus. He warned that a second wave could occur anytime and anywhere if guidelines are not followed.
Since the first case was detected in Preah Sihanouk province in late January, the pandemic has so far hit 13 provinces and the capital.
- Tags: COVID-19 in Cambodia