ana-air canadia-bank Silk-air nissan acleda cab-bank

COVID-19 patients upbeat after full recovery

Khuon Narim / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
A man walks past Chak Angre Health Center in Phnom Penh where three COVID-19 patients had recovered. KT/ Siv Channa

Four more COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals Wednesday, bringing the total of recovered patients in the Kingdom to 11. The recovery brings hope that amid the increasing numbers of infections, the retroviral drugs being used to treat the patients has so far been effective.

From the four recently discharged patients, three were from the capital – aged 71, 38 and 33 – while one, 52, was from Tbong Khmum province. They were declared to have recovered from the disease after testing negative twice for infection.

Six others were discharged earlier – one from Preah Sihanouk, one from Kampong Cham, two from Battambang and two others from Tbong Khmum.

El Mattly, one of the discharged patients, was admitted at the Battambang Provincial Referral Hospital on March 14 after testing positive for coronavirus. He was one of the Cambodians who returned to the country on March 4 after partaking in a religious congregation in Malaysia.

“After testing negative twice, they allowed me to return home. I now feel normal and so far, haven’t gotten the flu. Per the doctors’ advice, I have isolated myself at home to ensure that I don’t spread or contract the virus from others,” he said.

Asked about his treatment at the hospital, he said: “I had a flu while I was there. I took medicine twice a day as recommended by the doctor. They kept checking my temperature until it no longer exceeded 38C. They also checked until I no longer had coughs or exhibited any other symptoms.”

“The doctor advised me to stay home while I monitor my health condition, instead of rushing to meet  my family,” he said, adding that he was required to undergo a follow-up check on April 6.

Another recovered patient, Hun Sliman, 42, yesterday said he was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday after being treated at the hospital for 10 days.

“My health  has now returned to normal. I haven’t encountered any problems so far since recovery. The doctor told me to continue isolating myself and to go for a checkup on April 6,” he said.

“We [with the other patients] received good treatment from the medical team,” Mr Sliman said, noting that his wife who likewise tested positive for the virus remains under medical treatment.

Related Posts

Previous Article

Passengers from Cambodia, Asean face increased levels of restrictions to Japan amid spike in COVID-19

Next Article

City bus, water taxi services shut down to prevent spread of coronavirus