cellcard cellcard

PSG to take action over missing Neymar

Reuters / Share:
Neymar is a reported target for Barcelona. Xinhua

PARIS (Reuters) – French champions Paris St Germain have said they will take action against Neymar after the Brazilian forward failed to report for training on Monday.

The 27-year-old is a reported target for Barcelona, whose President Josep Maria Bartomeu said last week that Neymar wanted to leave the Ligue 1 side to return to Spain, but that PSG were reluctant to sell him.

Neymar joined PSG from Barcelona for a world record 222 million euros ($249 million) in 2017.

“On Monday, July 8, Neymar was due to return to pre-season activities with the Paris St Germain senior squad,” PSG said in a statement on their website.

“Paris St Germain notes that Neymar was not in attendance at the agreed time and place. This was without the club’s prior authorisation. The club regrets this situation and will therefore take appropriate action.”

He posted a video featuring himself in a Barcelona shirt on social media on Saturday, raising more speculation that the Paris St Germain forward might return to his former club, but his public relations company said he would show up in Paris on Monday. The injured Neymar has been in his native Brazil supporting their victory over Peru in the Copa America final, missing pre-season training with PSG.

Previous Article

LeBron reportedly keeping No. 23, Davis to wear No. 3

Next Article

Bruce confirms talks with Newcastle over vacancy