The Royal University of Fine Arts
The Royal University of Fine Arts (RUFA), located next to the Royal Palace, was established since 1917 during the reign of the King Sisowath. The university was meant to develop various skills in fine arts such as dancing, musical theatre, carpentry, sculpture and others. Back in the days, a lot of outstanding artists and arts aficionados were involved in the faculty as teachers and facilitators.
Unfortunately due to the civil war in 1975, all the educational institutions in Cambodia were forced to close down including RUFA. The university resumed operation in 1979, providing only secondary programmes until 1988. Since then, RUFA has revived the undergraduate programme until present day.