Dy Vichea to file lawsuit against Sam Rainsy over “death plot” claims

Taing Vida / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
lt-gen-dy-vichea

Lieutenant General Dy Vichea yesterday said his lawyer will file a lawsuit against former opposition leader Sam Rainsy after he accused him of plotting to take revenge against Prime Minister Hun Sen over his father’s death in 2008.

Last week, Mr Rainsy said Mr Hun Sen planted a bomb onboard the late General Hok Lundy’s helicopter.

Gen Lundy, former chief of National Police and father of Lt Gen Vichea, died in 2008 when his helicopter crashed in Svay Rieng province.

Mr Rainsy said Lt Gen Vichea knew why his father was killed and a plan to take revenge is being supported by Interior Minister Sar Kheng.

Lt Gen Vichea yesterday said he will file a complaint against Mr Rainsy through his lawyer.

“Regarding this problem, I will file a complaint, for sure,” he said. “I have told my lawyer to study and to prepare relevant documents.”

“I will update [you] once my complaint is ready within the next two to three days,” Lt Gen Vichea said.

On Monday, Lt Gen Vichea told Khmer Times that his father’s helicopter got into an accident due to poor weather conditions and that Mr Rainsy took advantage of the story in order to use it to serve political ambitions and divide government officials.

Mr Hun Sen, during a graduation ceremony in Phnom Penh last week, challenged Mr Rainsy to swear on the lives of his family over the accusation.

Mr Rainsy, who is in exile, is currently facing multiple charges and convictions.

On Friday, the government announced the preparation of two separate lawsuits against Mr Rainsy that will be filed to a court in France over the helicopter allegation.

Additionally, over the weekend former CNRP officials met in the US state of Minnesota.

In a statement dated June 9, they said exiled supporters should return to the Kingdom to conduct non-violent rallies for the release of former opposition leader Kem Sokha and have the CNRP allowed to return to politics.

Mr Rainsy said he agreed to return in September, following the decision.

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Court questions 17 nabbed in Luxurious nightclub raid

Next Article

Media urged to step up against fake news