Ministry reminds public to safeguard health during New Year

Khy Sovuthy / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
food poisoning
Villagers down with food poisoning. Swift News

As millions of people are preparing to embark in a mass exodus to celebrate the upcoming Khmer New Year with their families in their hometowns, the Health Ministry on Friday issued a statement appealing to the public to guard their health during celebrations.

The ministry said in the statement that despite previous efforts to inform the public of the importance of maintaining good health, poisonings from food and alcohol still occurred in some communities.

“Last year, there were 19 cases of food poisoning that affected 852 people, including 13 who died,” it said. “There were also 206 people who were poisoned after drinking wine, and 12 people died.”

. .

“For the first three months of this year, six food poisoning cases resulted in 246 people being affected, including two who died,” the ministry added.

Health Minister Mam Bunheng in the statement said people should pay attention to their well-being, especially during when temperatures are high.

“I announce to all the people to be highly careful when it comes to health problems that could occur during Khmer New Year,” Mr Bunheng said. “Temperatures are very high, which could affect food and beverages.”

Full story in Tuesday’s paper

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Hun Manet in Hawaii to boost ties with US

Next Article

Lu Lay Sreng returns to Kingdom after 18 months in exile