Nearly 60 workers of Olive Apparel in Phnom Penh fainted today, the third time it has happened in its factory in Porsenchey district.
On February 23 and 25 a total of 90 factory workers had fainted and some of them told police it was due to chemical fumes.
In today’s incident the 60 workers were immediately sent to a nearby clinic for treatment.
Centre for Alliance of Labour and Human Rights officials visited them and posted on its Facebook page that it was the third time this month that workers in the factory had fainted.
The post quoted a worker as saying employees found it difficult to breathe and vomited before fainting.
The worker said, however, that there was nothing wrong with the factory environment because it used a water fan to reduce indoor temperatures.
“When the workers fainted, the factory sent them to a clinic for immediate treatment,” the Central post said.
Full story in Wednesday’s paper.