More than 100 students suffer food poisoning in Banteay Meanchey

Sen David / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
Students at Pouy Samroung Primary School suffered poisoning and were hospitalised. Fresh News

The health department in Banteay Meanchey province is investigating a case of food poisoning that left 140 students hospitalised in Preah Netr Preah district, where a South Korean charity group on Friday donated vegetable rice packets which are now being tested.

Keo Sophaktra, district health department director, said that 140 students at Pouy Samroung Primary School suffered poisoning and were hospitalised on Friday. He noted that all but six of them have since been discharged.

Mr Sophaktra said the department could not establish why the students suffered food poisoning after the hospital said it doubted that the vegetables in the food packets were the cause.

“We have sent samples to Phnom Penh for testing,” he said. “We doubt that they suffered poisoning after eating from the rice packets.”

Meas Rithy, district police chief, said that on Friday afternoon a group from a South Korean charity went to the Pouy Samroung Primary School to launch a restroom, which the charity built, and also hand out food packets to 287 students.

Full story in Monday’s paper

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Police nab fugitive drug gang leader

Next Article

Four-year fugitive in the can