cellcard cellcard

Woman Dies after Swallowing Live Fish

Pav Suy / Khmer Times Share:

A woman was found dead in her home after choking on a fish she had accidentally swallowed whole while preparing dinner on Wednesday evening in a village in Preah Vihear province, according to police.
Kulen district deputy police chief Yeang Samphuon said that Lim Narom, 46, died soon after swallowing the fish.
“Less than 20 minutes after swallowing the fish, she started coughing up blood and died,” he said, adding that her family could not rush her to the hospital because it was too far from their home.
The officer explained that Ms. Narom was scaling a batch of fish her husband had caught earlier in the day. It is common practice to kill a fish by biting its head before scaling it, the officer said. Ms. Narom had killed and scaled one perch before the second slipped into her throat, he added.
Chheng Reil, a Kulen Tbong village resident, said that Ms. Narom’s funeral would be held today. Ms. Reil said the deceased had three children and described the family as poor.
On January 31, an infant girl died after accidentally swallowing a live fish at her home in Kampong Chhnang province.

Previous Article

Grant for Organic Vegetables

Next Article

Century 21 Aims to Increase Japanese Investment