Man Dies after Swallowing Fish

Khmer Times No Comments Share:
Sae Kin died after choking on a fish on Saturday. Supplied

A 45-year-old man died after a perch slipped into his throat and choked him as he attempted to bite and kill it in Kampong Speu’s Oral district on Saturday afternoon, according to police.
 
Sae Kin, a single man, was living with relatives in Trapaing Torng village at the time of his death, deputy district police chief On Puth Hong said.
 
Mr. Kin had caught the fish in a nearby rice field and when he was preparing it to eat, he tried using the common practice of biting the fish to kill it, but the perch slipped down his throat.
 
“The perch got into his throat. He did not swallow it on purpose. He could not crush it with his hands to kill it, so he bit it. Unluckily, the fish entered his throat,” Mr. Puth Hong said.
 
By the time his relatives found him and brought him to the hospital, Mr. Kin had already died.
 
A similar incident happened in March when a woman choked to death on a fish while preparing it for dinner in Preah Vihear’s Kulen district.
 
In January, an infant girl died after accidentally swallowing a live fish while unsupervised in her home in Kampong Chhnang province.

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Vietnam’s Minister of Defense to Visit Kingdom

Next Article

Fugitive Korean Man Arrested over Drug Trafficking in Phnom Penh