One Dead, Two Fell Sick After Eating Poisonous Fish

Pav Suy / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
Poisonous puffer fish Supplied

Authorities in Kratie province said that one man has died and his family is recovering after eating poisonous puffer fish on Wednesday in Chhlaung district.

Chhlaung district governor Heng Sotha said Khat Khan, 57, his wife Horm Pok, 53, and daughter Khan Raty, 18, ate the poisonous puffer fish on Wednesday, despite earlier warning from the Health Ministry to avoid its consumption.

District police chief Chhong Turann said that the family immediately became ill after consuming the fish and were sent to the Memot district referral hospital.

. .

But Mr Khan died on his way to the hospital, Mr Turann noted, adding that his family was today morning discharged from the hospital after making a full recovery through speedy treatment by doctors.

“The people in the village normally fish in Boeung Torran and this family caught some fish to eat,” he said. “However, when they consumed the fish they quickly fell ill, and the husband started to vomit, have diarrhea and  stomachache.”

“A short while later, the wife and daughter also started having the same symptoms and they were all sent to the Memot district referral hospital, where the husband was pronounced dead and the mother and the daughter were able to recover.”

Mr Torran said that police afterwards went to inspect the family’s home and found more of the poisonous puffer fish, which they discarded.

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Briton arrested over house fire

Next Article

Malaysian gets 30 months for drug trafficking