cellcard cellcard

Fire injures club singer

Pav Suy / Khmer Times Share:
It took the authorities six hours to get the blaze under control. Supplied

A fire in a Sihanoukville nightclub left a singer seriously injured on Wednesday, while forces spent six hours trying to get the blaze under control.

The fire at the LV Club in Boun commune started late on Wednesday night.

Deputy provincial police chief Kol Phally confirmed that one worker from the club was seriously injured in the blaze.

Revellers who were drinking and dancing in the club all managed to escape.

Bou Sothy, deputy provincial police chief in charge of the fire department, said the inferno was caused by an electric fault.

“We were informed about the fire at about midnight. It took us until 6am to control the situation,” he said. “It was difficult to put the fire out because the area was very dark and a lot of plastics went up in flames.”

“One person was seriously injured and hospitalised in Phnom Penh. We don’t know his condition yet. He was a singer in the club,” he added.

A provincial military police report identified the victim as Bou Channak, 26.

It said military police deployed 22 officers to tackle the fire and used two trucks with 10 tanks of water.

Mr Sothy said his forces provided another two fire trucks with 14 tanks of water.

The club was burnt to the ground, with only the frame of the building remaining, he added.

Previous Article

Voice Cambodia star arrested for drug use

Next Article

King, Queen Mother leave for China