Fire destroys nightclub, seriously injuring singer

Pav Suy / Khmer Times No Comments Share:
The fire at the LV Nightclub on Wednesday night. Supplied

A nightclub in Sihanoukville caught fire on Wednesday night in Boun commune while people were drinking and dancing inside, seriously injuring a singer, according to police.

Bou Sothy, the deputy provincial police chief in charge of the fire department, said the fire was caused by an electrical fault and it took police and military police about six hours to bring the situation under control.

“We were informed about the fire at about midnight. It took us until 6am to completely control the situation,” he said.

“It was difficult to put the fire out because the area was very dark and second, because plastic materials caught fire and it was hard for us to get close.

“According to our preliminary conclusion, the fire was caused by an electrical fault. One person was seriously injured and has been hospitalised in Phnom Penh. We don’t know his condition. He was both an MC as well as a singer in the club,” he added.

According to a provincial military police report, the victim was identified as Bou Channak, 26, who works at the LV club.

Military police deployed 22 officers and used two trucks and 10 tanks of water to bring the blaze under control.

Mr Sothy said his police used another two fire trucks with 14 tanks of water. The inside of the club was gutted by the fire and only the frame of the building remained.

Full story in Friday’s paper.

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

King, Queen Mother leave for China

Next Article

NEC upbeat after Japan funding