Woman electrocuted by mosquito zapper

Ros Chanveasna / Khmer Times No Comments Share:

A woman died after being electrocuted in her bedroom at a scrap warehouse in Banteay Meanchey province’s Mongkol Borey district yesterday morning.

Police confirmed electrocution was the cause of death.

Deputy district police chief Ly Chhunkong said Thu Taing Hov, 47, was electrocuted while charging her electric mosquito zapper in Phnom Touch commune, where she ran a business as a scrap buyer.

Mr Chhunkong said local police believed Ms Taing Hov had plugged her mosquito zapper into the socket to charge.

The electric wire for the device was laid over her leg while she slept.

“The wire was broken and burned, which we believe to be the cause of the electrocution,” Mr Chhunkong said.

He added that the accident also caused a fire in the victim’s room.

“Police used three fire engines to put out the fire,” Mr Chhunkong said. “But we think Ms Taing Hov died before the fire.”

Share and Like this post

Related Posts

Previous Article

Tainted meatball products destroyed

Next Article

Chinese VoIP scammer arrested in Siem Reap