cellcard cellcard

Health centre in HIV village burns

Khuon Narim / Khmer Times Share:
The health centre in Roka commune which caught fire on Sunday night. Supplied

A health centre in Battambang province’s Roka commune, where a massive HIV outbreak occurred three years ago, caught fire on Sunday night, resulting in damages worth about $60,000.

Sangke district police officer

The health centre in Roka commune which caught fire on Sunday night. Supplied
said the fire started at about 11.30pm, while referring further questions to provincial police.

Roka commune chief Sim Pov claimed the fire was caused by an electrical fault and said no one had been injured.

“All materials including medicines were burned, but nobody died,” she said, adding that the fire was in one of the health centre’s two buildings.

By Beng Sor, the health centre’s director, said HIV medicine had not been affected by the blaze, but other medicine and materials were completely destroyed.

“Medicine for HIV patients was not affected because it is kept in another building,” he said.

Full story in Tuesday’s paper

Previous Article

Teen killed in gang stabbing

Next Article

Frenchman charged over beating sex worker